Covid-19 Community Response in Chesterton
During times of crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever to connect with the community around us. In Chesterton and across Cambridge, Mutual Aid volunteers are ready to provide support to anyone who needs it.
We are local volunteers, not professionals. We can offer help with shopping, picking up prescriptions, or a listening ear if you need to chat.
Do you NEED HELP?
If you need help, use the details below to request an errand, check in or just have a friendly chat.
Who to contact depends on the ward you live in.
East Chesterton Ward
- Email us at email@example.com
- Phone or text us at +44 7908 458034. Leave a message and receive a call back!
- Join the Mutual Support WhatsApp group.
- For info about how our group works, see our Welcome Pack.
More information about East Chesterton Mutual Aid.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.orgP
Phone or text us on +44 7593 354560
If you don't live in Chesterton, Cambridge
Can you OFFER HELP?
Many roles and tasks are self-isolation-friendly. The best way to feel better in the face of challenge is to take action! Five a hand to someone else who needs it, and connect with your community.
East Chesterton Ward
- Join the informal Mutual Support Whatsapp group or the more formal Volunteer Whatsapp group.
- Email email@example.com
- Phone +44 7908 458034
Covid-19 Watch in Cambridge
Information provided by local city and county councils
Test and Trace
What if I can't use the NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace App?
If you don't have a smartphone, or you have one that is not compatible, here are some links that may be useful.
- What are the early symptoms of Covid-19?
- How do I book a test if I have symptoms or have been asked to?
- Are we in lockdown in West Chesterton, Cambridge?
- What are my risks of catching Covid-19 if I do these activities?
- What can I do and not do right now?
Latest Rates of Covid-19 in Cambridge and the UK
- Latest news for Covid-19 in Cambridge
- Rates of Covid-19 in Cambridge (official UK Goverment source)
- National Covid-19 dashboard (official UK Government source)
What is Mutual Aid?
For anyone unfamiliar with the term “Mutual Aid”, here is a short primer.
Verification for covid-19mutualaid: H7YoJ6zrO
Volunteers with East and West Chesterton Mutual Aid groups provide their services for free. If you want to make a donation to contribute to the coronavirus response there are many fine possibilities, such as The Trussell Trust food banks, or the Cambridge and Peterborough age UK HOPE campaign.